Macross Frontier Discussion Thread

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Postby Kosh » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:56 pm

Indeed, Ep10 was pretty good. Funny at some points but altogether a good one.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Are you guys talking about the unsubbed version, or an subbed and released ep I have entirely missed?

Postby Kosh » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:35 pm

The subbed version came out like on Friday night (day for you guys I guess).

It was done by [Chihiro] if your looking for a torrent.

Assistant Game Master (SM)

Postby Flare™ » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:15 pm

I do direct downloads.
*Founding Member and President of the Klan Klein/Klan Klan Fan Club*

I take pics! See them on Instagram @JPhillipePhotos

Postby Kosh » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:11 am

So no Macross this week.

Anyone else getting the shakes? Im thinking about getting windows movie maker and making myself a clip show :P

Postby Flare™ » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:35 pm

yeah I'm a little disappointed but I've been watching another anime for situations like this

Postby Kosh » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:07 am

I almost cried. Levels of awesomeness this high should never be allowed in a net short.

http://www.macrossf.com/asx/movie/movie_06_1m.asx

Dear lord, theres more....

http://www.macrossf.com/movie/movie.html

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:40 am

Blue Ray huh?

I better invest in a PS3 then, right after the full collection of Macross Frontier that is.

By the way. Stumbled upon this today.

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/06/18/mac ... announced/

Not that it matters much to me. It might interest others but I'm more interested in an complete stand-alone Macross Frontier game. But who know's, it might happen. Hopefully...

Postby Flare™ » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Hmm...

Episode 11 is out by the way.

12 looks like another action romp vs the 33 Marine Fleet (Zentraedi)

Postby Kosh » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:07 pm

11 wasn't bad but when they tease you with pewpew at the end like that you just want to see next weeks.

Oh and err, cross dressing Zentradi? Wah?!?

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:29 pm

Wait, what? Cross dressing zentradi's? Where have we seen THAT before? Ehum.... :D

Postby Kosh » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:46 pm

Oh. Dear. Lord.

Macross Frontier Ep 12! the ep was great but the cliffhanger!!

I can't think how to word the level of OMG'ness they just dropped on us.

Webmaster (F)

Episode 12

Postby Lanji » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:51 pm

Kosh beat me to it, but I finally saw the episode. Lets just say that this Episode alone could warrent a possible complete re-write of canon history after this.

Warning: The rest of this post is spoiler heavy....

Fun things from this episode: Sound force type equipment is available to any old mercanary group now...

Advanced Fold Equipment is available...

ASS (Alien Space Ship) class ships react with Ranka!

Now to find out if this ASS is related the the Megaroad project or just a spare ASS ship out there to screw with us Macross Fanboys and girls.

Postby Kosh » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:58 pm

Dont forget about what lurks beneath the waves lanji...

*coughmacrosszerocough*

Postby Flare™ » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:34 am

All I can say is

WTF? :o

I'm starting to consider downloading the OST. I'm digging the new songs!

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:53 pm

As Kosh mentioned, the Macross Zero references are getting a little thick right now with Macross Frontier.

I've been re-watching Macross Zero for a couple of nights so far, and the re-telling is fairly accurate for the beginning part (episode 10).

But even though we have a blury eye type thing in the water, I'm not 100% sure its one of those bird-man types just yet. It could be a Varuta for all we know and they are coming...

Thoughts? Or is it just Kosh, Flare and I watching Macross F so far? ;)

(This post not Spell checked, sorry!)

Postby Kosh » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:03 am

From what I can tell, Cobalt is downloading them and once he has the hard bit done he then hides then on his hard drive so he can't watch them in hopes that one day they will play themselves for him :P

I think its a birdman thingy, with any luck its not a Varuta. The last thing we need is hitting Macross Frontier with the 7 camp stick. Also the "you know what" at the end, check its arms. Is that what I think it is?

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:41 am

I have also been keeping up to speed with the series.

Postby Kosh » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:06 am

It's not scary or anything Bear, you can sit on the couch with the rest of us and watch it with pride instead of hiding behind the couch, only telling us you're watching it on ep 12 :P

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 am

In honesty, I haven't seen ep 12 yet, and I have not seen many of the other Macross Series, aside from 7 and Plus. However, when I feel that I have something constructive to add, then I will pop up from behind the couch :)

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:23 am

Just for the general information of the community, I am conducting an experiment in self-denial and anticipation. ;) Seriously, though. I am gonna put the first 12 on DVD this week and watch them on the big tv with surround sound.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:45 pm

Is it me or has anyone else got some weird "Macross - Do you remember love?" vibes after have seen ep 12.?

Yeah well... stranded SDF-1/ASS on a planet, surrounded by water, upon a damn rock in the middle of nowhere. It does makes sense. However, in Macross Plus the SDF-1 is on earth, surrounded by the Macross city as an ornament or statue of something. Same ship Isamu Dyson took on with Sharon Apple. That was 2040.

If this is ship is the SDF-1 in Macross Frontier... then there is some serious clusterfuck of continuity error heading our way.

Postby Flare™ » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:27 pm

well... we'll know more in by the week end I'm sure

Webmaster (F)

Episode 13

Postby Lanji » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:35 pm

Episode 13:

I already guessed that this episode would be something special based on the inclusion of a strange ASS ship and all of the other stuff going on in the preview, but I NEVER expected this.

Early on we get a nice little flashback of Ranka's childhood life with the 117th Research Fleet that she doesn't remember very well along with a nice little waterfall scene. Then of course she's kidnapped by the local wildlife.

We get a few extra scenes with Grace handing out medication like candy for Sheryl, more background on the D-Pulse jamming that has ruined the Navigation systems and Fold Communications which is in turn freaking everyone out right now.

Alto-Hime finally goes after the kidnapped Ranka heading for our Macross Class ship. And we get our first extremely interesting tidbit of back-story: Its the Macross 04 (or Q4 depending on translation) Fleet, Global, attached to the 117th Research Fleet was was supposedly destroyed 11 years in the past.

On his way into the ship Alto-Hime is spotted by our boy in the VF-27 who has a nice conversation with Grace. Something about a Dimension Eater.

The inset song is very nice and funny though.

We get to see the inside of the Macross Global now though, and we get some nice information such as the data was recently deleted, Vajra in test tubes, photos of Rank and what looks like a brother/father and Mother. Brera Stern flying the VF-27 inside the ship and playing some nice harmonica and having his own flashback of Ranka, with her as a child talking to her Mother who's saying something important...

Just in time for Ranka to wake up in the middle of a Vajra nesting ground with an ugly monster. But Stern shows up in time to start lighting up the rather big Vajira and Alto-Hime tries to rescue Ranka in his flying EX-Gear. Only to have the bud of the flower pedal thing (yes I know... kind of stupid) flow up around her like a shield.

Stern manages to miss and shoot one of the crystals on the Vajra (which look an unrefined version of what Sheryl has in her earing) and really pisses off said monster. It starts freaking out, kicks Stern in his VF-27 and Alto-Hime in his EX-Gear out of the ship and starts waking up. Which is what Grace says a few moments later when she unmasks the hidden in a rock bomb with LAI all over it.

Alto-Hime returns to his VF-25 to realize the Jamming is gone in time to watch the Global start assending and then imploding on itself as the Vajra mothership starts taking off.

Stern and Alto start going after each other with Stern not wanting to Alto to save Ranka saying "You don't suit that girl". He gun pod at this point in the battle expands similar to what we saw with the new Macross Cannons in earlier episodes.

And of course Alto is finally saved by Michael and Sheryl who fly-in on his VF-25 just in time to save Alto's ass. They blow up Sterns Gunpod and then Alto and Stern continue to go at it while those two try go and rescue Ranka who's still in the Varja flagship.

Just as Stern lines up Alto's VF-25 for a kill shot again, Grace rings in that she's going to startup the Dimension Eater and to have him break off. Grace places her hand on a control panel only to have her hand split appart into many different purple control network lines that plug into the bomb separately. You have to watch it to believe it, but its very cyborgish.

At this point Grace goes off the deep-end reveling her true self. She knows she'll be back to talk to Stern and give him more orders later. She also plans on killing the Galactic Fairy, the Marine unit on the planet and starting something huge along the lines of a race war. She wishes the Macross Frontier Fleet good luck saying that the fold point locators will lead the Varja right to them.

At this point the Dimension Eater has taken out over a quarter of the planet and is still growing. Michael and Sheryl fold out with the Varja fleet and we watch as Alto-Hime starts yelling about "How can I die in this place?!".

Episode 14 Preview:

The Varja start attacking Frontier, and we get shots of all of the main players, so it looks like Alto's not quite dead yet.

New Macross Timeline / Plot Developments:

* 639 Witch Craft: The name of the medication that Grace is giving Sheryl, that Sheryl manages to toss to the floor. Based on the developments with Grace this episode, I can assume that the drug isn't really that good for you...

* Dimension Eater: Uh, Grace's really big bomb. Really big. And made by LAI. Last time we saw something on this scale was in Macross 7 and a Planet was destroyed... This looks even nastier.

* Macross Class Ship, Global; Macross 04 (Q4) Fleet, 117th Research Fleet: Destroyed 2059 on Planet Gallia 4 giving berth to a Vajra Flagship.

Thoughts:

* Lets face it, giving even a old Macross Class ship or even a fleet of them to a Research Fleet? Talk about research protection. Then again, considering what they had in those test tubes...

* LAI / VF-27 / Cyborgs / Crazyness: What in the hell! LAI is making a Dimensional Bomb Technology that wipes out planets along with Fold technology and secretly putting together the VF-27 with NUNS knowing about it?

* There was quite a bit that was relieved this episode, so I wonder what next episode is going to be other then a full on battle. We know that Macross F is scheduled for 24+ episodes, but this truly feels like a 14 episode arc.

Delta Member

Postby Ryudo » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:22 pm

very insightful post on episode 13,
I'd dare venture a guess that LAI is also the manufacturer
of the cyborgs and VF-27.
The person who says it's imposible should stay out of the way of the person who is doing it.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion