Macross Frontier Discussion Thread

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Actually I'm 99% sure that the VF-27 is LAI's as the launch point it used in episode 11 was an LAI dock. The problem is I can't find the reference I was using earlier which I thought was at the Macross Compendium or a link to the official website.

I did find something I missed.

In the flashback sequence that Stern and Ranka shared there was a nice shot of young Stern being lead by the hand that might have been attached to Ranka's mother. Someone else's blog saw it and it looks to me like it solves the who is Brera Stern and his relationship to Ranka. Its too bad that Brera still doesn't have his memory back.

Postby kaibrightwing » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:07 am

hi everyone since i dont talk much i thought if you are interested you can go to....

(Rest of the message edited by Lanji)

Official stance on FANSUBS

"The MRC neither condones nor supports the fansub mentality of Japanese animation. The MRC will not assist in any direct way this practice. Furthermore, posts containing information related to the distribution, or logistics of fansubbing, digisubbing, scanlations, or any similar technology will be edited and/or closed and/or deleted as soon as a staff member is available to do so."

- Lanji (GM)

http://www.macrossrpg.com/comms/viewtopic.php?t=945

===

I'm not silly enough to believe that we aren't going to talk about Fansubs here, and I realize that this policy is almost 3 years old now and made in a very different environment at the MRC. But please remember that we don't post links to Fansub distributions groups nor to tracker sites that provide downloads.
" so many stories in my head all arching to get out. it feels like head is about to exploded"
when i try to finsh one of my stories.

Postby Kosh » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:24 am

You so know Lanji kept that link for himself :P

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:39 am

Lanji has about 4 other sources including Raw downloads he uses to try and improve is rather lack luster Japanese skills. Hence, he really didn't need said links.

Postby Kosh » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:34 am

I do love a forum admin who posts in the third person. A clear sign that power is not going to their head.

*backs away slowly*

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Well the 13'th ep did really take a dramatic turn for the worse. Things still needs to be explained how, when, where, who, what and why it did. But we all got 13 more beautiful episodes left to anticipate. ^^

Webmaster (F)

Episode 14

Postby Lanji » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:24 am

I'll work up a fully detailed review later but for now we have the following new developments that change the story for sure!

* The Dimensional Eater from last episode only took out a chunk of 1/3 of the planet... Not quite on Gabial's scale yet.

* Ranka is refered to as the Little Queen, and based on what we saw she has some kind of bio/mechanical type of virus that is related to the purple crystals we keep seeing

* Ranka keeps having visions of (we're guessing) her mother who sings a slightly cooler version of the song Ranka keeps singing, and the singing seems to confuse the bugs (hey, its Macross)

* Diamond Force is back! Or something like it... Needless to say that group of 3 VF-117's is the first I've scene able to fight at all in this series so far

* Macross Quarter has a TON of Reactionary Weapons!

* The VF-27 has a pop-out sword in its left arm

* Brera Starne (new spelling, confirmed by Macross Compendium) finally identifies himself as a Major from the Macross Galaxy Antares Squadron. That is AFTER he steals all of the glory of saving Ranka right out from under Alto-hime's grasp.

* Only one confirmed death so far, and Grace is back from the dead...

Assistant Game Master

Postby NightLance » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:43 am

Yes Macross Frontier is bad-ass in a can...
The art of war is very simple, you find your enemy as fast as you can, strike them as hard as you can, and as often as you can.

---General Ulysses S. Grant

Assistant Game Master (SM)

Postby Flare™ » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:51 am

NightLance wrote:Yes Macross Frontier is bad-ass in a can...

Indeed. :D 8)
*Founding Member and President of the Klan Klein/Klan Klan Fan Club*

I take pics! See them on Instagram @JPhillipePhotos

Squad Leader

Postby tralnon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:15 pm

hehe, I need to watch 14.. but it's definantly drawing me in, like I knew it would. ^^

Webmaster (F)

Episode 15

Postby Lanji » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:02 pm

Episode 15 is without a doubt:

THE

BEST

RECAP

EPISODE

EVER

There were a few new details released though, Grace is indeed back and it looks like she's one part of some sort of multi-mind consciousness.

Also, Sheryl has been abandoned by Grace and she's forcing her way into becoming Ranka's (aka Q1) agent and sponsor of some sort of Sound Force like project.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Wait, what...? Forming a Sound Force-like project? Ah crap... My otaku-senses just went overload, with warnings!

No seriously. The concept of the Sound Force thingie has I always related to the Macross 7 series. And that's bad. Mostly because to it's allmost redundent and lame tactical usage as a anti-zombie functionality system against the Varuta's and the (never-ending lacking freak of logic, reason and fantasy) Protodevil. And that's bad. Really bad. And for your information I don't hate the Varuta. Actually, I think they are cool and has a decent reason to exist. But the Protodevil, no... just... no.

Yes, I know, I can't blow steam before I'd seen the whole series, yet. But for the information, I'll raise my shield output some extra procentage for safety measures, in which case the director decides to go NGE or make a fold attempt into the forbidden parts of the Macross 7 universe.

Postby Flare™ » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:57 pm

Episode 16...

It was ok.

But the credits... Awesome! LOL

**UPDATE**

The OST rocks. The music is great!

Squad Leader

Postby tralnon » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:27 am

finally caught up again.. while it was a little on the wierd side, I still liked 16.

and the closing was definantly awesome. I suppose that would be the popstar doing the voice acting for Shery?

Postby Flare™ » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:44 am

Yeah you're still behind! 17 is out. :D

But I believe the singer in the credits is the pop singer that is doing Sheryl.

Squad Leader

Postby tralnon » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:21 am

.. >.> <.< ... Yeah, that's what I meant. stupid l.

well, off to go get 17 and catch up some more. hehe

Postby Kosh » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:26 am

What is it with white, yellow and black mecha and the "I'm to cool to bleed" gene? I mean come on. :-?

Postby Flare™ » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:36 pm

You know how Ace Pilots are... I'm sure I wouldn't bleed after being shot at in my VF-27 until two months later.

:D

Webmaster (F)

Episode 18 - the GSM post

Postby Lanji » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:25 am

So I skipped 16 and 17 (I'll go back to it later if I get a chance).

Intro for this episode, AKA Grace Scares Me (GSM)

Sheryl and Grace finally have their face off this episode and Grace basically tells Sheryl she's going to die and that she's not going to help her anymore.

Revelations for Macross Cannon

One of the primary themes this week was around why Sheryl has been so sick and her history. One of my earlier guesses (posted to the Macross Compendium in the discussion area on Sheryl) was that she was indeed related to the Nome family from Macross Zero in some way. It looks like now she was a street child with no history that was found originally by Grace and treated by Mao Nome (now an old lady), the person who looks like Ranka's mother, and Grace aboard the good old 117th Research Fleet.

And Sheryl does have the dreaded V-Virus (as in V is for Varuja).

As for the rest of the story...

Well a few folks (Micheal and his chibi want to be girlfriend Klan Klan) do figure this out. At the last minute as Sheryl is crying in the rain in the middle of the side walk she's taken in by Alto-Hime's step brother who in fact hold her ransom against Alto-Hime coming home.

Instead of Alto-Hime stepping in and kicking the crap out of him right there, he gets called out on the emergency mission and the rest of the episode plays out where Ranka and Rabbit-1 play bait for the attacking Varuja and everyone does their best to panic until the big guns come out.

Then the fleet folds out in its super long distance fold (which needs Senate approval in the Macross Frontier Fleet no less) and that's the end of the story with the exception of Ranka folding over in pain as the Battle Frontier's main cannon takes out the enemy.

Oh, and don't mention the egg like things that NO ONE seems to be able to find on one of the Islands.

New OP

The new op is Lion (I believe according to other sources), and I quote

Even though lions lick each other, they are strong.

* /me thinks: Am I watching Macross 7?

That thought out of my head, I really do enjoy the OP, Sheryl's new costume, and that both voice actresses are singing.

The one thing I will mention that I learned from Episode 16 or 17 that I can remember right now

* The Macross 15 Colonization Mission actually originated out of Eden. If you watch the interactive maps of the galaxy, and then go in really slow motion, you can see the 3rd (or 4th) Megaroad mission finding Eden, then a half a dozen or more fleets branching out from there.

* The track of the Macross 15 Fleet takes it back toward Earth before it shifts in and heads straight toward the core, before shifting directly in the opposite direction of the Macross Frontier (25th) and Macross Galaxy (24th) fleets.

Notes: I'm sure I have some errors above on some details, sorry if I do get something slightly wrong.

Postby Kosh » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:30 am

What Lanji missed out was that you finally got to see a real Main Cannon fire and not that mikey mouse pee shooter that the Quarter is tooting.

I like.

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:51 am

I know it's a bit late for ep. 17 but I have to say this.

Pineapple's are cursed!

Webmaster (F)

Episode 19

Postby Lanji » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:39 am

No new technologies or shocking discoveries this episode. Unless you count the upcoming assasination attempt on the president, or that Ai-kun is a cute and fuzzy Varja larva...

That and looks like after 19 episodes Ranka's finally ready to tell Alto-hime that she loves him only to race up to his location to find Sheryl in his arms.

Oops.

Ejo.

Ji'Tuan

Postby Suzaku » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:04 pm

Not a Ranka hater but to me she's like the new Minmei, so I had to lol at the following pic, it is surey a misunderstanding but I simply loved the ending of episode 19 *slap!* :)

(courtesy of Xeros @ Macrossworld).

PS: I am one of those who believe that in the next Vajra attack, Nanase and/or Michel will go pineapple on us! Would be a shame as I really like the Michel/Klan couple.

Postby Kosh » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:24 am

Yea I agree with you here, I think Michel is set to break the laws of blue mecha, glasses and an mild case of death.

Poor litte Klan :cry:

Postby Flare™ » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 am

I actually kinda like Ranka.

She was a bit slow on the uptake... Well she was very slow but then again Alto isn't the brightest light on the christmas tree either.

Seems like Sheryl knows what she wants but is just playing hard to get in an attempt to seemingly entice Alto. It looks like its working.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion