Star Wars RPG - Recruiting Again

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

Star Wars RPG - Recruiting Again

Postby Cobalt » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:55 pm

I'm starting a Star Wars campaign within the next week or so (depending on how long it takes to fill the campaign roster). There are not a lot of openings. They are listed below.

Jedi Master (Bleu) - Jedi Master Ma'ar Zax - Omwati Male, age indeterminate

Jedi Knight (ColdFire) - Jedi Knight Quinn - Human Male - age 25

Jedi Knight (tati) - Jedi Knight Dar'Tor - Twi'lek Male, age 24

Jedi Padawan (Sparky) - Jedi Padawan Marcus Varexii - Miraluka Male, Age 19

Padawan (Nomad Soul) - Jedi Padawan Pala a'tak, Lethan Twi'lek Female

Padawan Learner (Sabre) - Padawan Learner Jaredd Bartomo - Human Male, Age 13

Apprentice Healer (Thorn) - Jedi Samna Harbash - Human Male, Age 20

This will be an Old Republic Era game, set just 6 months after the battle of the Star Forge. Details concerning Revan's Gender and Disposition will be revealed in-game.

Interested parties contact me either on this thread or via PM with character ideas.

~Cobalt

Note - A Padawan Learner is aged 6 - 12. This is considered the initial phase of Padawan training, in which most of the studies are conducted the Jedi Temple, Jedi Enclaves, or other secure training areas.

A Padawan is aged 12 - 17. This is the intermediate phase of training, in which a Master and Apprentice will journey together through the Republic for hands on training.

A Jedi Padawan is aged 17 - 24. This is the final stage between Apprentice and Knight. At this stage, a Padawan is trusted to undertake solo assignments and is afforded a great deal of freedom.

Misbehavior, Violations of the Jedi Code, or poor performance evaluations can result in a loss of status.
Last edited by Cobalt on Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Group Leader

Postby ColdFire » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:02 pm

I'm in. If you'll have me. I call one of the Jedi Knight spots with a guardian.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:35 pm

I'll have you. You're in. Send me the following character information via PM. The sooner you can get this done, the sooner we can begin. :D Don't worry about skills, etc. I'll be providing a template.

Name:

Brief Physical Description (eye color, hair color, physique, distinguishing features, etc):

Disposition/Attitude:

Background/History: Please include the following: detail history, relationship with Master, and circumstances under which you were Knighted (age Knighted was 22).

Staff Trainee

Postby tati » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:23 am

Can I get the level 7 jedi guardian?

PS: sent you a Pm with all the infos you asked from cold fire... just to see if you like the character concept

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:33 am

I'll Take the Level 6 as Consular if it's still open.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:03 pm

Tati, the Jedi Knight is yours. I've sent you a PM. Sparky, the Jedi Padawan is yours if you send me the required information. :D

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:13 pm

While I normally do not like double posting, I have an announcement.

We will be starting this game within the next week, possibly as soon as Monday. The last spot will be either NPCd or disregarded if it is not filled by the time the game starts.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Bleu » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:16 pm

*tapping fingers impatiently*

Okay, so when is someone gonna sign up for the level 5 Jedi Padawan??

Oh wait. Lemme guess. I bet people are droppin' by and....Oh, don't try and tell me you're all NOT dropping by, I SAW the number of views, so don't even TRY to tell me ya didn't notice. 8)

Anyhoo, I digress. I can prettymuch imagine the scenario...would-be players are droppin' by and thinking, 'Awww man! All of the Jedi Knights have been taken!' *Sigh* Don't tell me EVERYONE wants to be a Jedi Knight?

Is there no one among you talented players, that I KNOW are hangin' around the MRC, are up to the challenge (not to mention, FUN) of playing a Jedi Padawan in Wayne's world??

If so, you REALLY (and I do mean REALLY don't know what you're missing! I'll let ya all in on a secret (ok, maybe it's not REAL secret), but the character I'll be playing I had actually started it as a padawan, and worked my way up to Jedi Master in a previous game. And, HOO-BOY! What an adventure THAT was!

Take it from me. As a padawan, you're free to make some mistakes (sometimes even goofy ones), get into some mischief, experiment, etc.; because, hey, you're still learning, so it affords you some creative freedom with your character; and if you're lucky, some patient understanding from your master and fellow Jedi. But I'M not the GM, so don't quote me on that (or I'll fong ya! Not gonna get me in trouble before the game starts *mutter-mutter*) As a Jedi Knight, that's great an' all. I don't mean this as a put-down to those who chose the knights; but you should really know better than to do some--- okay! ALOT of the things my character had done as a padawan.

So, now...Cobalt tells me the first official post will be going up tonight. Last Call! Is there anyone among you who is up to the challenge of playing and growing up a Jedi Padawan (also lovingly referred to as Podlings..but that's another story) to a Jedi Knight, possibly even Master in game?

Hmmm??? *Bleu eyeballs the MRC crowd*

Anyone?...Anyone??....

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:05 pm

Well, I'm interested, but... there's another project I've been working on, and I'm one of those rabid D6 fans you find...

Oh, hell. I take it the Sentinels have been eliminated as of this point? If not, any chance I could take that spot as a Sentinel? If so, I'll try and whip up a Consular tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how our current weather treats the electrical grid here, GM acceptance pending.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:19 pm

Actually, I do have the fan guide to the Old Republic PDF file and I'm pretty sure it has the Sentinel class. Let me see if I can find it but go ahead and make your character. I need the following information.

Name:

Brief Physical Description (eye color, hair color, physique, distinguishing features, etc):

Disposition/Attitude:

Background/History: Please include the following: detail history, relationship with Master, and circumstances under which you were left your previous Master (the Master's death is totally acceptable as the battle for the Star Forge resulted in the loss of many Jedi).

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:43 am

I'm pretty sure that "Sentinel" can be found in the Power of the Jedi sourcebook, back when I was interested in d20 Star Wars. In any case, I'll get the character together this morning.

Group Leader

Postby ColdFire » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:09 pm

I remember seeing a sentinel character archetype on the wizards star wars website. It is a combination between the consular and the jedi investigator, with some variant class abilities.

Yup, here it is: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=sw ... unseling81

scroll down a ways and you'll see it.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:45 pm

Thanks! I'll have all the character sheets ready before the first combat round, I promise. :D

Group Leader

Postby ColdFire » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:44 pm

Since we're playing in the Old Republic, I think I should post this article too.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=st ... 50428kotor

Classes of the old republic, including the Jedi Watchman and Dark Side Assassin.

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:20 am

NOOOOOO!

I missed this!
Crap crap crap crap crap!

I SO want to be in on this.

Wait...is that level 5 spot still open like it says, or did you just not update the list yet?

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:15 pm

Tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm going to open up one more slot for you, Nomad, another Padawan Slot, level TBD. PM me the following information.

Name:

Disposition/Attitude:

Background/History: Please include the following: detail history, relationship with Master, and circumstances under which you were left your previous Master (the Master's death is totally acceptable as the battle for the Star Forge resulted in the loss of many Jedi).

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:41 pm

Woohoo!

Awesome. Thanks a bunch man. PM comin your way very soon.
*Looks at character list so far* All males eh? Hmmm.

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:02 am

Is the board we are playing on up and running yet?

Web Managers Group

Postby Xuric » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:27 am

it's being worked on. :D

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:39 am

Oh, I thought it was up cuz I was told to make my introductory post. :P

Whew, glad I'm not late after all.

Web Managers Group

Postby Xuric » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:52 am

no, it's not just you. This subject was brought up at the "community hall" meeting. The log of which will be posted when I get home.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:27 am

Umm...Xuric, not to be a stikler or anything, but there was another Board hosted on BoardNation that is being used for the current SW games GMed by myself and Cobalt.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:50 pm

Nomad, I don't know why you couldn't see the board. It should be working for you. If it isn't, let me know and I'll redefine you and add you to a different group.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:08 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT
(Cobalt has given me permission for this.)

Another game has opened on Cobalts board. If anyone is interested it is a mix of Arthurian legend and Star Wars taking place 176 years ABY. If you are interested and wish for more information just ask. If Cobalt wants to add anything..?

Openings.

1. Carter Lakir (Nethrin)
2. Jaralyn Sundancer (Cobalt)

ESTU(Alpha Squad):
1. Wolf (ColdFire)
(Will make openings if interested)

Knights:
1. (Tati)

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:21 pm

I never would have combined Star Wars with elements of the Arthurian legend but it is a compelling mix and has been very fun. We're still in the opening act so there is time to join.

A clarification on the roster that Sparky posted.

Openings.

1. Carter Lakir (Nethrin)
2. Jaralyn Sundancer (Cobalt)

Note - the above openings are for Jedi characters.

ESTU(Alpha Squad):
1. Wolf (ColdFire)
(Will make openings if interested)

Note - the ESTU is a Republic special forces unit.

Knights:
1. (Tati)

Note - the above openings are for positions within the Force tradition that Sparky has created using elements of Arthurian legend.

Return to Member Updates