MRC "Community Hall" meeting, Sept 20 - 6:00 pm MD

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Webmaster (F)

MRC "Community Hall" meeting, Sept 20 - 6:00 pm MD

Postby Lanji » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:48 am

Greetings everyone,

In hopes of getting TeamSpeak off and going for everyone, I'm going to host our first "Community Hall" meeting, Sept. 20th at 6:00 pm, MDT.

This puts us at roughly 5:00 pm PT, 8:00 pm ET, 7:00 pm CT.

For others in different time zones, MDT is currently -6 GMT.

Everyone is welcome to attend this kickoff meeting.

For this first meeting I would like to lay out a rough agenda to be followed in order to keep the meeting at 20 to 40 minutes in length total.

Opening
    General Status of the MRC
    Update on OIMOLW Project (primarly for Star Wars Games)
    A quick guide to using TeamSpeak for Voice Games
    Lanji's thanks to the staff and members of the MRC
    Open questions from the floor

After we've finished the above topic, I invite everyone to stick around for general chat.

Thanks,

-Lanji

Web Managers Group

Postby Xuric » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:44 am

this... is a good idea.

I don't know if I can make it, though. Wednesdays are my pen-and-paper roleplaying days where i'm out of the house. :(

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:32 pm

I'm schedule to work late that evening. Any chance I can get a copy of the chat log when you guys (and gals) are done?

~Nico

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:35 pm

MRC Community Hell? You mean you're finally admitting to being the archfiend overlord of this place? And about damn time, I'll say!

Seriously, I'm interested, though chances are I'll forget to attend. Since most of my posting is done from work (now being an exception) I don't expect resistance there, just terrible memory.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:54 pm

-6 GMT? Will be 1 O'clock on the morning over here then, but yeah I think I can attend to the meeting. Hopefully I haven't done something stupid until then. :P

Web Managers Group

Postby Xuric » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:11 pm

I'll try to take a break from my game for this. I think it important enough.

And, for Sabre, I'll be sure to record the meeting.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:13 pm

For any who are unclear, this is a voice chat program, not the text chat programs we have used in the past. Team Speak makes an amazing tool that I'm hoping will promote a sense of community and comraderie.

You do not need to have a microphone in order to log in and listen to what's going on, but you will need one if you want to speak.

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:13 am

Uh... Actually Xuric, it really isn't important enough to take a break from a planned game activity. My advice is to head to your game. Same thing for Cobra, sleep is much better then this little shindig.

I'll post the high notes of the night here when I'm done.

Also, Araruin is right, this is a voice chat program.

Thorn, in a completely tounge and cheek reply, I'm leaning toward: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevolent ... r_for_Life

BUT, that said, I don't think I'm around enough to even claim that one! Its nice when things are nice and quiet...

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:41 am

That produces the scary, scary thought that *one* of the senior staff is Eva Peron, and based on what I've seen of the staff... Thanks for that image, I'm scarred for hours.

Web Managers Group

Postby Xuric » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:14 am

Can't find the download link, but there's a video to help with your situation, Thorn. :D

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:51 pm

If it involves you, a balcony, and a crowd of cheering Panamanians, I'm not watching it.

Yes, I know the Perons were Argentinian. I'm feeling inclusive today. :P

Web Managers Group

Postby Xuric » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:48 pm

I have the audio log. I'll need to do some editorializing. Give me a day or so.

Ji'Tuan

Postby Suzaku » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:58 pm

*Looks socked* :o If I may add, Eva Peron, or Evita as we Argentinians refer to her as, was not a dictator nor was her husband regardless of his association with the Military Junta (at times). And I should know... had to read about them over and over and when I hear Don't Cry for me Argentina, I shudder and suffer very painful cramps :D

Nothing good can come from the Junta era tho, I can't remember much because I was way too young but I know many people lived in terror.

*Drops two cents and runs away* 8)

PS: a shame I couldnt make it to the meeting *sob*

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:17 pm

Wellll... it's difficult to avoid accusing Juan Peron of dictatorship, however benevolent, especially given his involvement with the Junta and the points you've raised regarding state terror. Mind you, I also believe that Thomas Jefferson was one of the most dangerous people in the early American republic, and the most likely of the Founding Fathers to cause the unintentional collapse of what he professed to love. Perhaps I'm just contrary. More importantly, Eva Peron is a more easily recognized name than Mrs. Noriega or Mrs. Castro's.

Ji'Tuan

Postby Suzaku » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:21 am

Terror, as in real terror started with the Junta not Peron. And right now the President of Argentina belongs to the "Peronism", a political party created by Peron and Evita. You do not see the Junta nor dictatorship, and that is the way it's been in my country since the 80's, thank God for that.
I am not here to start an argument, I wanted to point something out.

Web Managers Group

Postby Xuric » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:41 pm

Log is posted.
MRC Meeting - 2006-08-20.mp3. - 14.0MB - 40m59s @ 48kbps.

Peoples present are Lanji, Araruin, Rannilas, Mistinard, and myself. And.. that loud voice you hear is me. I tried to tone down the volume, and what you've got is the best it gets. If you think you can do better, I can give you the raw.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:39 am

Thanks for the log, Xuric. I really wanted to a participate in the meeting but ended up doing something stupid anyway. I appology for that.

Return to Member Updates