Nocturne - Land of Eternal Twilight

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

Nocturne - Land of Eternal Twilight

Postby araruin » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:35 pm

I'm sending out feelers for a new campaign idea.

Nocturne is a world where the sun never shines and evil runs rampant. There are a few fortified cities in Nocturne where the free peoples have managed to hold out this long. The last line of defense and only hope of salvation are the Steam Knights. Anyone who has seen Escaflowne will have some idea of what I have in mind. Basically, I'm thinking of a squad of fantasy style power armor fighting demons and dragons. Anyone interested in a game like this?

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:01 am

Sounds interesting, Araruin. What mechanics system will you be using? D20?

Game Master

Postby araruin » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:12 am

Yeah, I'm thinking Iron Kingdoms for the basic mechanics of the Steam Suits.

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:09 pm

!!!

That is all I need to say and I'd put an exclamation mark after that statement too if I could find a way to make sure it didn't look like it was part of the message.

Now you have gone and mentioned a dark setting, final hope, a name containing "steam" AND you mention a serie I'm quite fond of (escaflowne).

If you didn't understand it by now I will go out of my way to spell it out for you: I A M I N T E R E S T E D ! ! !. Just to be perfectly clear; I'm interested.

/Mr.F - Huge steampunk fan ^_^;;

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:33 am

araruin wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking Iron Kingdoms for the basic mechanics of the Steam Suits.

Never heard of that one. Any new character classes or are they just modification of the basic ones?

Game Master

Postby araruin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:56 am

Iron Kingdoms has a few new character classes. Gun Mage is one. There are a couple of repairman type classes. However, the campaign idea I'm planning on runnning will really be about the knights, and any support type characters wouldn't have alot to do.

Wing Leader

Postby Lamenting Soul » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:48 am

O_O I'm interested, even though I don't really have a clue about the mechanics XD

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:48 pm

Mechanics? Um... He said "Steam"!

/Mr.F - Selective sight

Return to Member Updates