A new marine Squadron

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Staff Trainee

A new marine Squadron

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:23 pm

Is it possible that we can create a new Marine Squadron. Doesn't matter if its VF Officer or not. VF prefered though. And if so...are there any GMs interested in running it?
Don't hunt for death, for it finds us all soon enough.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:10 pm

I don't exactly think i'm 'qualified' to run a game on the MRC. But I would be interested in GM-ing a Marine SpecOps Force if I could.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:45 am

Dude. That would be awesome. Any GMs on the take?

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:13 am

I'll talk to one of the staff. See If I can't get permission to start up another Squadron. But even if I do get permission. I won't do it unless there's at least 4-5 people interested in playing.

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:14 am

Thats what I'm waiting on bro=) I think I'll be awesome. Ya got me as one.

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:57 pm

Still looking for players. Please Sound Off.

I'll Join :P I can even help manage it. If ya need.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:37 pm

I'd consider playing. With the right GM involved and a decent storyline, I'd be more than pleased to join this unit as a player or even some technical advice if needed.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:49 pm

I understand. I'm trying to fish for ideas myself. I'm no GM. I'll try to come up with some ideas and bounce them off of the GMs we have. maybe I'll get a bite or 2.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:08 pm

Well, if you guys want to hear my proposal (the time setting of the game is around a month after the destruction of the Battle-15 Fleet). It draws quite a bit of inspiration from the story of both 'Ace Combat 04' and 'Ace Combat 05'

SVMA-606 Death Knights

The 'Death Knights' are a Marine Air Superiority and Close Air Support squadron that has been assigned to a planet(No name yet) with a heavy population of both Eldarian and UN Spacy military. On this planet it has mostly been a peaceful buildup of arms, and the two sides have come to a relative cease-fire. Until something happens off the coast of a Spacy Air Force Base halfway across an ocean between the two major locations of the factions.

This is the beginning of the game:

A small squad of four 'Death Knights' is going on a routine patrol when their radar picks up two flights of unidentified fighters fly through UN Air Space. They ignore all hails, and the 'Death Knights' are ordered to intercept. The unidentified fighters fire on the 'Death Knights.' This, of course, starts a skirmish. And that's where it begins.

That's a basic outline. Sabre, if you want more of the story I can PM you with what I have planned out for the future, I would love to have an experienced player(and GM) like you onboard, as it may attract even more players. I wouldn't want to start the game without 4-6 dedicated players.

Any Questions? Comments?

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:50 pm

Sparky, you are headed in the same direction I was headed in. Here's am idea also. If possible later on when the UN Spacy Marines have gotten a good foot hold and steady playing history and perhaps a few sorties and such we can work them into helping out on certain missions envolving other Squadrons like perhaps Wild Card or any other select Squadron interactions having to do with setting the key elements up for an assault on the Anti-UN who destroyed the Battle 15. Sort of like a retaliation campaign. But this is for future ideas. I for one have a very experienced Level 3 Royal Marine Officer available. We should also work on Leadership. I would like to advice having Saber or an experienced GM type person to be a higher authority figure and key character in the game. Perhap even having apearances from General Hastings. Infact... He can be the one who puts out the order to create such a unit. Or he can be the one who has the unit placed at that specitfic location to engage the unidentified Anti UN approaching.

The Marine squadron can also be Elite types..like Spec Ops. Sparky brought that idea up a few post up. I personally like the idea. Perhaps we can grow on it?

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:59 am

Sure, I'd like to hear more and yes I'd be happy to use my Hastings or another of my MRC historical characters.
I'd like to hear what characters and mecha you'd be using as I have an awesome character that was only played for a short while in Crimson Knight's game a few years back.

Or even a villian. Lots of choices. PM me with more please.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:32 am

If possible later on when the UN Spacy Marines have gotten a good foot hold and steady playing history and perhaps a few sorties and such we can work them into helping out on certain missions envolving other Squadrons like perhaps Wild Card or any other select Squadron interactions having to do with setting the key elements up for an assault on the Anti-UN who destroyed the Battle 15.

I had already thought about this. I have even thought to start conspiring with Cobalt and Cid to get the 'Death Knights' transferred to the M-20 Fleet after the story-arc I currently have planned is over. I haven't spoken with either of them yet, but I may when it get's closer to that time.

I for one have a very experienced Level 3 Royal Marine Officer available

I am not using Palladium rulesets. I don't like them and I'm a rabid D20 fanboy. For most of the game it's going to be a rather free-play game, but for Combat I may be using D20 Rules. I have yet to decide this also, but I'm leaning towards free-play totality.

I would like to advice having Saber or an experienced GM type person to be a higher authority figure and key character in the game. Perhap even having apearances from General Hastings. Infact... He can be the one who puts out the order to create such a unit. Or he can be the one who has the unit placed at that specitfic location to engage the unidentified Anti UN approaching.

I had already considered it, and since Sabre has already showed an interest in it. It is a large possibility that Hastings could make an appearance. BUT, it will not be he who is the one who has placed the unit there for the specific purpose of dealing with the Eldarians, as there is 'supposed' to be a kind of silent war going on without any open conflict, even after the 'Rally Cry' attack. This planet is relatively peaceful until the real action begins.

In addition to it being peaceful. The two major cities(1 for each faction) are run by two very peaceful people, almost on the brink of pacifistic.

he Marine squadron can also be Elite types..like Spec Ops. Sparky brought that idea up a few post up. I personally like the idea. Perhaps we can grow on it?

Haha, I haven't decided this for sure yet. I'm leaning towards having them being Spec Ops, but it wouldn't jive with a few things, so I have to think a bit longer.

Sure, I'd like to hear more

Done. :wink:

I'd like to hear what characters and mecha you'd be using

If the Squadron is a Special Operations Marine Squadron, they will be using a special VF. If they aren't, they will be using VF-22's. Characters, all I have for now are a few names and ranks for both the Marines and a few Navy and Air Force personell.

I have an awesome character that was only played for a short while in Crimson Knight's game a few years back.

I'd like to hear more about this.

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:34 am

If the Squadron is a Special Operations Marine Squadron, they will be using a special VF. If they aren't, they will be using VF-22's. Characters, all I have for now are a few names and ranks for both the Marines and a few Navy and Air Force personell.

These are some awesome ideas. Let me know what else I can do to help get this kickass project off the ground. I'll be thinking of more ideas while I'm at work today. Oh yes I have a link that I will send to both you and Saber from when I used to play with Sketchley on the sister Macross Galaxy site. maybe we can use some of its contents?

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:02 pm

Hm... I can't think of anything that you could directly help with right now. But if anything comes up I'll give you a heads up.

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Ok No problem. :P

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:22 pm

Hey, Sabre!

when the Path of the Phoenix ended. Everyone was still on the Phoenix on New Monaco. I haven't been able to find any info on the planet, could you indulge me about it please? I haven't been able to find a suitable planet to place my game on for the first part, so any help would be appreciated.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:48 am

From Sabre's Stellar Cartography file:

New Monaco (Royal Protectorate, House Medici ) – An oceanic world, devoid of continents but covered several thousand islands of varying sizes, most coral outcrops of volcanic atolls. This world is tropical paradise on a global scale. This world is not a UNG Colony world but one governed by PRP (Pax Royal Protectorate) – a Governing formed by several of Earth’s remaining noble and/or Royal Houses. This is a government outside of the UNG though loosely affiliated thorough treaty.
Orbital facilities: (2) A general purpose planetary research and meteorological space station and a much larger Stardock class orbital starship repair facility and shuttle transfer point.

Major cities:
• Fontvielle (Southern Atolls)
• Easthaven (the designer’s hotspot)
• Coast Regale (Cannes twin city
• Venicia (the romantic city)
• Bariloche (winter sky centre)
• Estero (perfect city to go hiking – rather dry and desertic)
• Morocca (where the Babylon Club…the owner is Madame Borgia, the duke’s partner)
• Luxor (where Magdalena lives, very secure city
• Bluexia (the surfer’s paradise)
• Temes (The military headquarters)
• Solaria (the gay/lesbian city…like Miami or San Fransisco)

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:59 pm

Sorry this is taking so long Gen. But if it's any consolation, I have decided that the 'Death Knights' are gonna be a Marine Special Forces Squadron on my own planet (No name yet). And they will be flying a very special experimental Variable Fighter.

Heres a preview(Courtesy Ace Combat 5):

Return to Member Updates