New Game Proposal - The Veil

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
White Knight

New Game Proposal - The Veil

Postby Frange1 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:43 pm

I am at a very preliminary point in working on a new game concept. It would be loosely based on the concept of Hellboy. i.e. a motley crew of heroic monsters and heroes tasked to defend humanity against worse exmaples of horror and fantasy creatures.

I do not have a lot of details worked out, but there would be few limitations on what sort of characters could be played. The only restrictions I have currently identified would be...
  • No Aliens
  • No comic book superheroes
  • No truly evil characters (although evil origins are ok)

Please post here if you are interested. I'm hoping for 4 - 5 players. Bassed on response, I'll look to put together some additional details.

Thanks.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
- Friedrich Nietzche

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Thu May 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Me please! ;) I will go with evil origins... Pyrokinetic like Liz :)

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Count me as interested.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:43 pm

cool. Pyrokinesis works. Setting will be contemporary, modern day, though details of people in office and such will be altered.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
- Friedrich Nietzche

Group Leader

Postby Liltroll » Thu May 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Make that three? ;)
"The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read" ~ Terry Pratchett

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:47 pm

I think three should be sufficient to run, but by no means the limit. I'll start working on details. I should be able to have something put together after the holiday weekend.

So far participation is as follows:

IronQueen
Cobalt
Liltroll
- Friedrich Nietzche

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu May 24, 2012 1:48 pm

I think I'll play a paranormal investigator that used to waste his time chasing Bigfoot and going to haunted houses. His life changed when he was attacked by something and learned that the monsters were real.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Please post character drafts to the joining board.

Thanks.
- Friedrich Nietzche

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Thu May 24, 2012 3:48 pm

On board. However, I'm commuting two hours each way this week.

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:50 pm

No problem. Posting frequency is yet to be determined. Welcome aboard.
- Friedrich Nietzche

Return to Member Updates