Macross 2050 RPG

This board is for the discussion of MRC based Macross Stats, and new weapons and Mecha.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Power Member

Macross 2050 RPG

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Fri May 26, 2006 8:13 pm

Ok I have created a Yahoo group for use with my Macross 2050 RPG. I have uploaded the base rulebook (version 0.9) in pdf format. If anyone is interested in giving it some playtesting, I would appriciate any feedback on the game or information used.

Also, I'm still missing some information.. so if anyone can help me out I'd appriciate that as well.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/macross2050/

PS: I need someplace to host larger files so I can upload the other books that need feedback.
We are d20. Your role-playing system is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.

Power Member

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:54 am

Thanks for the overwhelming input... :roll:

Game Master

Postby MasumiX » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:09 am

not much attention around these parts these days. T.T

Power Member

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:40 am

So I've noticed

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:49 pm

i am going to be converting my table top macross game to Mekton z, and mekton 2 zeta construction rules. Avoiding the interlock hero crap. but i would be interested in your books and see what u have done. And my group can give feed back and playtesting info if u like. i just need the files. Can u Email me tranart@gamil.com =) thanks

Power Member

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:07 pm

Well I'm back now after lots of computer problems! I went through 3 motherboards in 2 months until I got one that actually worked. Then I had to replace just about everything else due to compatability issues.... :cry:

Anyhoo I'm working on my game again if anyone is interested in trying it out still.

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:03 pm

ya if u can link the info, would love to have it. we are going to be starting up our Macross game once again and will save me from converting everything. Please send me any material u go, or would like feed back on!

Power Member

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:09 pm

Yeah Gmail is being stupid and not letting me send anything to you.

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:14 am

umm mabyes its to big, gmail will only accpet 10 meg files or smaller. you can try MSN, its. ranger171@hotmail.com... or we can find some kind of ftp or something we can get the files from.

Power Member

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:16 am

Now gmail says no such address, so I tried your MSN one. I sent a couple of the books. Let me know when those are downloaded so I can send the others (I don't know how big a mailbox you get with them).

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:58 pm

I got have those and there a downloaded. i have about 250 on MSN, i have a new Gmail account that has 2.7 gigs its TCA.Studios@gmail.com

I hope u dont mind i had the books printed for better use of them for gaming. If you have more books that would be wonderful. The GM was hopeing u have some Write ups done for Enemy of the UN. and if u have any of the Macross 2 stuff converted would be great, we run a timeline mix of Macross and Macross 2..

So far for the scanning of the 2 books u have done looks awsome well put together. I like how u added the OP perks and advanage system to it. it gives some nice depth to the characters.

well looking forward to getting thoses other books. we proble wont be stating up macross for about a month or 2 need to finish out a story arch in our star wars campain. the GM and the players are all ready to give feed back on the stuff u have written out.

Power Member

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:19 pm

Ok I'll email you the next couple then.

I don't mind you printing them, but they aren't done yet 8)

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:25 pm

umm well send me errata's on the side thatu add to books then after i get enough i will just reprint a book. its costing me like about, 12 bucks a book to print.

i was looking over the main book, on the MP pools u dont explain how that are drived. might wish to add.

also in the UN G book you dont explain how many more skill point or OPS you will recive for staying in the training for extra years. you point to chapter 4 but,,it doesnt explain it,. have read over the section 4 times. still no luck seeing the extra points for the extra years for training.

Also you list VF pilots as enlisted. should it be officers? Most pilots are 2nd Lt's?

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:17 am

also noticed u didnt place any standard vf equipment discriptions, Like active stealth i have seen a version of it on the net for mekton but are u using that verion or your own.?

also my GM wanted to know if you plan to convert any personalitys over to your system. or add some NPCs
?

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:04 am

Actually, pilots being officers is an American and NATO convention that doesn't hold in Macross. Hikaru had to work to get his commission, and don't tell me it was wartime - that makes minting officers easier, not the other way around. Japanese pilots in WW2, RAF pilots, Luftwaffe pilots... all of them were equivalent to Macross Warrant Officers. The "pilot as officer" error rates right up there with the "twelve-man squadron" error as frustrating and easily corrected in my book. Basically, if you want to understand Macross flight and rank structure, you really do have to look at the IJN and IJAF of WW2. Vee flights, high-enlisted pilots who move up to officer positions... that's much more canon than finger-four flights and officers straight out of school.

Power Member

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:48 am

All the missing techie stuff is in the next book to send you.

PS: These books assume you have the Mekton Zeta and Mekton Zeta Plus books. If you don't have them, I'll have to explain a couple more things.

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:04 pm

nope i have those 2 books =). and found a bucnh of the NPCs in the galaxy book. so far everything has been blowing away me and the players as to the work u have done.

ANd thorn thanks for the words. might have to look into that, but we are using a kinda bastardized macross 2 macross world, and in macross 2 you start as officers.

but i can always bring it up to my GM.

but what time would it be a good time for enlisted to switched up to officers. or should they jsut progress though all the Enlisted, NCO ranks then to officer ranks?

Power Member

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:13 pm

The last book to send you is too big for email.. do you have an instant messenger?

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:54 pm

In the Japanese model, it was based off when you got accepted for flight school; one of Japan's biggest aces during WW2 took eleven years to move from private to ensign. The closest thing the US had was the Naval Aviation Personnel program, which more or less bumped you up to mid-range NCO (say, Staff Sergeant, which oddly enough is what Hikaru started as) as soon as you were accepted into the program, with the option, strongly encouraged, of seeking a commission. The standard seems to be that school-trained pilots in "modern" Macross start as warrant officers.

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:02 pm

yes i have IM what do u want to use. i am in hotmail and also on yahoo. what charater sheet should i be using the normal Mekton z sheet? cuase looking at the covertion it talks about interlock and icant find a sheet for it

Power Member

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:37 pm

I use yahoo, msn, aim, and icq. I haven't made a character sheet yet, since it's mostly a homebrew hybrid.

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:51 am

A sheet with a stats block and a area for skills and perk would do the job,,well my MSN is Ranger171@hotmail.com, and me yim is Tlaria156..

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:02 pm

umm well i have seen that u added me to a friends list, but never got your name so i could watch for u to come on line also

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:58 pm

Hey , lets set up a time to meet on line. I live PST USA,,so i can dl that book? or unless u want to post it up on a free file share site and i can DL it

Power Member

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:29 am

I see you on and sent a few messages but you don't reply.

Next

Return to Statistics Discussion