Generation 15 Preview Discussion

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Webmaster (F)

Generation 15 Preview Discussion

Postby Lanji » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:30 am

As many of you are aware, compared to when the MRC first started, I don't often get around to changing the look and feel of the website.

But because Macross Frontier was so awesome, and because its been sitting on the back burners since 4 weeks before Episode 1, I decided its time to show a preview.

Love it? Hate it? Wish I would just hurry up and get the rest of this update done! (Come one, its only been 30 weeks Lanji, get a move on it!)

This preview is the first step to some new technologies, and changes I've been cooking up in the background.

So when you get a chance, take a look at the front page of the website really quick, and jot down some notes on this thread.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:24 am

Love it.

Having seen and used the test board, I can honestly say that it is a good change.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Flight Leader

Postby Jouby » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:37 am

I come into work, drinking my coffee and wanted to catch up on the board while I work up the will to work and BAM, now front page.

I liked it, I think it's better than the older one. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:27 am

I like it. You need to run it through a spell checker (misspelled caught, messiah, documentation, sneak, and latest) though and it needs a bit of editing ('an sneek peek' should be 'a sneak peek' and there should be an 'and' instead of a between 'from' and 'a friendly' in 'With many long running campaigns to choose from, a friendly joining and training staff to help you get your character up and running quick, the MRC makes joining the online world of Macross easy.').

But other than that I like the new front page and can't wait to see what the site will look like when it's finished.

Assistant Game Master (SM)

Postby Flare™ » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:59 am

There's a new front page?
*Founding Member and President of the Klan Klein/Klan Klan Fan Club*

I take pics! See them on Instagram @JPhillipePhotos

Postby Phantomj » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:01 pm

just saw it Lanji and I must say it looks great. :D
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Postby Kosh » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Thumbs up Lanji, it looks pretty clean cut and sharp.

Web Managers Group

Postby Xuric » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:02 am

ahh... and all this praise from just the frontpage...

just wait till y'all see the forum template 8) 8)

/being mean

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:48 pm

As advised by camk4evr, I finally ran the page through a spell checking program. As a few of you might remember, we were from the UNTied States of America for a number of years due to my lack of interest in Spell Checking in general.

As for Xuric being mean, just ignore him. I haven't done any template work.... ;)

Postby Tiree » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:13 pm

It does look quite nice. I like the cleanliness of it all.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:09 pm

At first I thought I'd been away too long from the MRC when I first saw the main screen (Yes, I'd recently gone through a painful and tedious computer crash, mind you.).

Anyway, great work Lanji. It looks sleek, clean and dead-on great on the web. I like it. ;)

Squad Leader

Postby tralnon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:14 am

I'm likewise expecting great things. ^^ You've got my vote of confidence.

Return to General Discussion